Hill, Price named top two Ingomar seniors
Ingomar Attendance Center has announced their Class of 2009 Valedictorian and Salutatorian- Suzanne Nicole Hill and Alejandro Corey Price.
Hill will represent the class as the 2009 Valedictorian. She is the daughter of Connie and Charles Potts of Ingomar. Her sibling, Zachary, is in the fourth grade at Ingomar, and she is the granddaughter of Ralph and Nan Hill, Belle and Loyd Wilhite and Shelia and James McDonald, all of Ingomar.
With a 3.95 grade point average, Hill will attend Northeast Community College, where she will enroll in the two-year dental hygiene program.
Among her many activities, Hill is a member of SADD, Senior Beta, FBLA, Anchor Club, Math and Science and was selected as Treasurer of the Student Council. She was also a member of the Lady Falcons slow pitch softball team.
A member of Poolville Baptist Church, Hill is active in the church’s youth group.
While she was involved in several activities, her fondest memories come from hanging out with her friends and playing softball her senior year, and she hopes to remain a role model for her younger brother.
“I hope to finish college and be successful,” Hill said. “My advice for my fellow students is to never settle for less than what you can do.”
Following Hill is Price, who is the Salutatorian for the Class of 2009.
Price is the son of Guillermo and Deborah Tirado and the older brother of Felix Price, a freshman at Ingomar.
Finishing with a 3.94 grade point average, Price will continue his education at Northeast Community College and the University of Mississippi, where he will study psychology.
He is a member of Senior Beta, Math and Science, FBLA. Price placed second in the state FBLA competition and will compete nationally and also placed in the top ten in Math and Science at Northeast in 2008.
Hanging out with his friends is among his favorite activities outside of school, and Price has high hopes for his fellow students at Ingomar.
“My advice for the students is just to do the best that you can do,” Price said.
Ingomar will hold their Commencement Ceremony on May 21st at 8 p.m.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...