Hill, Price named top two Ingomar seniors
Ingomar Attendance Center has announced their Class of 2009 Valedictorian and Salutatorian- Suzanne Nicole Hill and Alejandro Corey Price.
Hill will represent the class as the 2009 Valedictorian. She is the daughter of Connie and Charles Potts of Ingomar. Her sibling, Zachary, is in the fourth grade at Ingomar, and she is the granddaughter of Ralph and Nan Hill, Belle and Loyd Wilhite and Shelia and James McDonald, all of Ingomar.
With a 3.95 grade point average, Hill will attend Northeast Community College, where she will enroll in the two-year dental hygiene program.
Among her many activities, Hill is a member of SADD, Senior Beta, FBLA, Anchor Club, Math and Science and was selected as Treasurer of the Student Council. She was also a member of the Lady Falcons slow pitch softball team.
A member of Poolville Baptist Church, Hill is active in the church’s youth group.
While she was involved in several activities, her fondest memories come from hanging out with her friends and playing softball her senior year, and she hopes to remain a role model for her younger brother.
“I hope to finish college and be successful,” Hill said. “My advice for my fellow students is to never settle for less than what you can do.”
Following Hill is Price, who is the Salutatorian for the Class of 2009.
Price is the son of Guillermo and Deborah Tirado and the older brother of Felix Price, a freshman at Ingomar.
Finishing with a 3.94 grade point average, Price will continue his education at Northeast Community College and the University of Mississippi, where he will study psychology.
He is a member of Senior Beta, Math and Science, FBLA. Price placed second in the state FBLA competition and will compete nationally and also placed in the top ten in Math and Science at Northeast in 2008.
Hanging out with his friends is among his favorite activities outside of school, and Price has high hopes for his fellow students at Ingomar.
“My advice for the students is just to do the best that you can do,” Price said.
Ingomar will hold their Commencement Ceremony on May 21st at 8 p.m.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer