Oops, I goofed again! Margaret Murphree’s mother was having surgery, not Margaret. Sorry Margaret!
Tim and LaCosta Watson are proud parents of a new baby, Avery Lane Watson, born at 8:06 P.M. on January 23, 2009, weighing 10 lb. and 4 oz. and was 19 ¾ inches long. The baby is welcomed by big brother, John Hayden, age 4. Grandmother, Mary Nowlin is very proud also.
Twanda Black returned Thursday from a trip to Mobile, Alabama to visit her cousin, Joyce and her husband, Paul. On Tuesday Twanda, Joyce and three of her friends went shopping, out to lunch, then drove around. They drove down to the beach, over into Florida a little, just did a lot of sight-seeing. She went with Joyce and Paul to visit Paul’s mother and saw the children. Twanda just had a really good time. There was no trouble on the trip down or back. Joyce sent me a loaf of potato bread! It was delicious!
Pam Brock Ferguson celebrated her birthday on January 30. Sorry I am a little late. Happy Birthday!
Shelia Parker and Kathy Roberson went to Tupelo Wednesday for lunch and a little shopping. They just had a day out together before things get hectic for Kathy.
Mildred Goolsby Wesson of Atlanta, Georgia, Charlsey Goolsby and Shirley Shirley visited Pud Garrison one day last week. Mildred is in the community for a visit and is staying with Charlesy and Sonny.
Pud is doing pretty good. She doesn’t go much but is able to make it to church nearly every Sunday.
Billy Garrison’s “Super Bowl” Party which has been around nearly as long as the Super Bowl was held on Sunday night. They had a good crowd. They had just enough for a good party but was not crowded. Charlie Browning cooked the hamburgers, Billy got a banana pudding from Kathy Knighton and then Colin Collins brought a banana pudding that June fixed and Mickey Page came in with a cheese cake from Kay. They had plenty of dessert! And plenty of chips and dip. Everyone enjoyed the hamburgers. They usually do steaks, but this was much easier. Just the right size crowd for a good time. Oh, Billy even bought sugar-free drinks for Ray! So Nice!
Madison McQuary, daughter of Mandi and Scott McQuary is out of the hospital and home. She had mononucleosis.
June Brown Johnson died Saturday, January 31, 2009. She and her family were James and Shirely’s next door neighbor when they lived in Memphis and the remained friends all these years.
The Adult Choir sang Sunday and I am sure it was good.
The Praise Group sang afterwards and I know that was good too. I really miss the singing at church among other things. I just miss going to church! I’ll make it back before too long.
Brother Louie’s sermon titled “Prayer and Fasting” was taken from Isaiah 58. Shelia told me the sermons on prayer were very good.
The C.L.A.S.S. room assignment began Sunday night at 6:00 P.M. with classes taught by: Regina Russell “Esther: It’s Tough Being A Woman”, Brother Louie Williams “Spiritual Gifts: The Confidence To Serve God.”, Brother Tommy Peters “Basic Baptist Beliefs”, Mary Hargrove “Spiritual G.A.L.S”, Tony Churchill “Financial Peace University”. We hope you will join one of these classes.
On February 8, church services will be as usual with all choirs practicing and a business meeting at 7:00 P.M.
WOMII Meeting will be Monday, February 9 at 6:30 P.M.
There will be a cottage prayer meeting for Revival on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 9 at 6:30 P.M. The meeting will be in Dot Howell’s home; 816 Temperance Hill Circle, Potts Camp.
Also Vacation Bible School jumpstart will be at Longview Heights Baptist Church in Olive Branch at 6:30 P.M.
Deacon of the week is Leon Wilson.
About Chris Elkins
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer