Liberty School News
Lil Grisham welcomed the 45 attendees to the January 20th meeting of Liberty School. Bill Wigington gave the invocation/blessing prior to the covered dish dinner.
In the business session Joanne Gaines read minute from the December meeting and Jewel Rowan gave the financial report.
“New Creations’ from Parks Baptist Church provided entertainment for the evening. Members of the group are: Denise Allen, Holly Foster, Amanda Moore, Brad Pannell, Pat Rakestraw and Ashley Rutherford. Included in their gospel selections were: “What a Lovely Name,” “He’s Still in the Fire,” “I Came Here to Praise the Lord,” “Don’t You Want to Go,” “Where Could I Go,” “Looking for a City,” “I Shall Not be Moved,” “I’ll Fly Away,” “Didn’t it Rain,” “I Found Grace,” “I Know My Name is Written There,” and “I Know My Redeemer Lives.” Thank you, “New Creations” for providing a wonderful program.
Birthdays for the month of January include Gwyn Barkley, Lil Grisham, and Bill Wigington. The audience was asked to remember in their illness: Martha Bryant, Damon Herring, Frances Herring, and Doris Hulsey. Sympathy is extended to the families of James Chism and Paul Coleman.
Visitors for the evening were: Skipper Allen, Gwyn and Wayne Barkley, Dovie Evans, Peyton Foster, Lora and Jerry Pannell, Elaine Roberts, Keith Roberts, Jackson Rutherford, George Sloan, Betty and Norman Treadaway.
The “Moonstones” with Curtis Downs will provide entertainment for the February 17th meeting and the covered-dish dinner will begin at 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...