Here I am once again trying to fill a gap that has been broken once again. My dear friend Johnnie Bell has been diagnosed with cancer and has had surgery and will be having chemo in the near future. She will be unable to write community news so I will attempt to write once again at least for awhile.
Betty Smith and Loretta Easley visited recently with Mary Etta Hill and Ola Messer. They are both up and around the house and love phone calls and company.
Valerie Kelley is not so well these days as she hurt her leg or hip a few months ago and is having to stay close.
Robert Benefield is home from North Mississippi Medical Center after a bout with pneumonia.
Pat Chism is home from North Mississippi Medical Center with heart problems.
Cade and Thad Bell and Cayce Smith spent Wednesday night with their grandmother, Betty Smith while enjoying a holiday from school.
Frances Hill and Eloise Hines visited with Johnnie Bell Saturday at her home in New Albany. They reported she was in good spirits and looking well.
Anne and Ricky Glidewell visited here this Saturday morning. Robbie, Sheyanne and Lauren Frazier had lunch with Loretta, Jamie, David and Sarah on Saturday.
Paula and Haley McCullough of Booneville dropped by for a short visit on Wednesday.
The Brotherhood and Sisterhood of Palestine Baptist Church met Saturday night for their monthly meetings. After the meetings they enjoyed a chili supper and a lot of fun and fellowship.
Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church is enjoying a series of sermons from Revelation. Brother Don Wilson’s sermon was from Revelation 3:1-6 on Promises To Overcomers Living For Jesus.
The Pleasant Ridge Mission team is sponsoring a valentine fund raiser February 14. They will have some gospel music as well.
Pleasant Ridge Brotherhood will have a wildlife supper on March 14. Anyone interested in cooking a dish or supplying a recipe is welcome.
Happy birthday Voncile White, Charlotte Richey, Flora Mae Martin, Larry Bond, Brittany Bridges, Jane Winters, Jason Yarbrough and Jason Jackson.
Congratulations to Jack and Doris Smith and Matt and Michelle McCarver on their wedding anniversaries.
Loretta and Jamie Easley visited Herman and Maxine Easley Sunday afternoon. They are very well able to be up most of the time.
Palestine Baptist will be sponsoring a big Camp Meeting July 3, 4 and 5, so as time goes on you will be hearing more about that big event.
The United Methodist Church now has Sunday evening services at 4:30 P.M. There also will be a Valentine Banquet on February 11 from 6:30 P.M. until 8:30 P.M.
Oh! Yes my friends this is skunk Hollow. So be careful, you might run over some pets in this bottom.
This is Eastern Lights, let me hear from you. This is not just Keownville, Pleasant Ridge, Mt. Olivet and Palestine. It includes Pleasant Hill, Locust Grove, all for he Eastern communities. So please call 534-5482. The home bound enjoy reading the local news.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...