At the end of one year and the start of another, many of us will renew our commitment to living with daily affirmations. We strive to know the power of affirming our truths, over and over, everyday!
While these may not suit everyone’s taste, here are some “possible” affirmations to consider!
1. As I let go of my feelings of guilt, I am in touch with my inner sociopath.
2. I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.
3. I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else’s fault.
4. In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
5. My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of wisdom and judgment.
6. I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper, and complain.
7. When someone hurts me, I know that forgiveness is cheaper than a lawsuit, but not nearly as rewarding.
8. I am at one with my duality.
9. Blessed are the flexible, for they can tie themselves in knots.
10. I will strive to live each day as if it were my 50th birthday.
11. I honor and express all facets of my being, regardless of state and local laws.
12. Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than “I told you so!”
13. A scapegoat is almost as good as a solution.
14. Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my underwear. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom.
15. I will no longer waste my time reliving the past; I will spend it worrying about the future?
16. The complete lack of evidence is the surest proof that the conspiracy is working.
17. Before I criticize a man, I walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he’s a mile away and barefoot.
The staff of the New Albany Gazette offers readers and advertisers best wishes for a wonderful 2009, coupled with gratitude for allowing us to serve you and Union County during 2008.
We see the opportunities in 2009 to be enormous for all of us in Union County and look forward to the challenges we can face together.
During 2008, we became the only newspaper published in New Albany and Union County and as a result, we have become even more aware of our responsibilities to print all the news as events occur and to represent all the people of our county and circulation area. The New Albany Gazette will continue during 2009 to celebrate the successes and positive events that will take place in Union County, while, at the same time, identifying those occurrences that are not in the best interests of the people of Union County and/or the City of New Albany.
We invite New Albany and Union County businesses to give The New Albany Gazette an opportunity to promote your products and services if you haven’t already discovered how well your advertising works in our newspaper.
We invite those who did not subscribe to The New Albany Gazette during 2008 to do so during 2009, so you will be among the well-informed about the goings on in our cities and county.