Calendar Items for Jan. 23, 2009
Girl Scout Cookie Sale
It’s cookie time once again! The local Girl Scout troops started taking orders for cookies Friday, Jan. 9 and will continue to take them through Feb. 3. The cookies will arrive on Feb. 16. Cookies will also be on sale throughout Union County through March 6. For more information, call Jan Speck at 534-8729.
Holy Convocation at First Non-Denominational Church
On January 19-23, 2009 First Non-Denominational Church (Bishop Albert Smith, Pastor) will have a Holy Convocation at 7p.m. nightly. There will be a different speaker each night. Located at 1102 Bratton Road New Albany Ms, next to Highway patrol station.
Union County American Red Cross Blood Drive
The Union County American Red Cross will host a blood drive this Friday-Sunday, Jan. 23-25 at Wal-Mart. The Bloodmobile will be there from 2 until 7 p.m. Friday, noon until 6 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Sunday.
NAHS Softball Team Pancake Breakfast
The New Albany High School Softball team will host its annual Pancake Breakfast this Saturday, Jan. 24, 2009, from 6 until 10:30 or 11 a.m. at the New Albany Middle School. Tickets may be purchased from the softball team members or at the door.
Country Music Night
Family Tradition & Friends will perform on Saturday, Jan. 24, 2009 from 4:30 until 10:00 P.M. at the old Lakeside Grocery at 112 CR 331. For directions and admission costs, call 662-871-5111.
“The Dukes” in Concert
New Albany Main Street presents “The Dukes” in concert on January 24, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. at the Magnolia Civic Center. Tickets will be available at the New Albany Main Street office (formerly old post office). For more information please call Vickie Duke at 662-534-3438.
Revival at St. James Church of God in Christ
St. James Church of God in Christ will host a Revival on Jan. 26-30, 2009 at 7:30 p.m. nightly. The speaker will be the Elect Lady of the Northern Mississippi Jurisdiction, Missionary Alma B. Hoyle.
Ordination Service at New Birth Community Church
New Birth Community Church will have ordination service for Minister Shan Howell Sunday, Jan. 25, at 3:30 p.m. Jonathan T. Tucker is host pastor.
Shoe Size Program
Flatwood Grove Church of the Living God Annual Shoe Size Program will be Sunday, February 1, @ 6:00 p.m. The speaker will be Rev. Lawrence McKenzie of Poplar CME Church in Saltillo MS. For more information contact Mother Helen Carroll (662) 524-3251.
NAHS to present “Beauty and the Beast”
This year’s New Albany High School musical will be Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast.” Performances will be Friday and Saturday, Feb. 6 and 7, at 7:30 p.m. with a matinee Sunday, Feb. 8 at 2 p.m. For ticket information, call the New Albany High School office at 534-1805.
Valentine Banquet and Fashion Show
Oak Grove M.B. Church Life Center will host a Valentine Banquet and Fashion Show on Feb. 7, at 5 p.m. It is sponsored by the church’s youth department. For ticket information call Inez Finley at 266-1056.
“Importance of Being Earnest”
The Tallahatchie River Players present “The Importance of Being Earnest” at the Cine` Theatre in Historic Downtown New Albany. For information, including admission, call 662-534-3438.
“A Musical Valentine”
The Tupelo Symphony Orchestra will present “A Musical Valentine” at the Cine` Theatre, in Historic Downtown New Albany on Feb. 15, 2009. Steven Byess, Conductor from Denver, Colorado, Laurie Gayle Stephenson, Soprano from New York, New York, and Steve Amerson, Tenor from Los Angeles, California, along with the 65 piece orchestra will perform. For more information call 662-534-4354.
Tallahatchie River Players to present MASH”
The Tallahatchie River Players are to present M.A.S.H at the Cine` Theatre in Historic Downtown New Albany on April 17-19. For information, including admission, call 662-534-3438.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6