WU wins two straight in bowling
West Union’s bowling teams have started the new year off right, as they have won two straight matches after falling to Tupelo in December.
The Eagles and Lady Eagles took on South Panola on January 6 and defeated the girls 5-3 and shutout the boys 8-0.
Jessica Clark bowled a 170 to lead the Lady Eagles. Ashley Alexander’s 377 was the high series in the match. Jessica Joyner also contributed with a 152 game in the first round of action.
On the boys side, Austin Speck once again led the Eagles as he picked up both the high game and high series. Specks 232 in his second game led the Eagles, while he bowled an overall 646 on the night.
Thad Moody bowled a 216 in his third game of the night, while Brandon Scott contributed with a 212 in his second game. Speck also bowled a 226 in his final game of the evening.
West Union next took on East Union in Tupelo Monday night, sweeping their county rivals 7-1 in girls and 6-2 in boys action.
Stephanie Hall was the leader for the Lady Eagles that night, as she bowled both the high game and series with a 149 and 395 respectively.
On the boys side, Speck again led the Eagles, bowling a 245 for the high game and a 646 for the high series in the match.
West Union’s boys and girls are now 5-1 on the season and their next match will be versus Pontotoc at Action Lanes in New Albany. That matchup will take place on Thursday, January 22.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...