New Albany shuts out Tish. Co. in district opener, 7-1 on the year
New Albany 6 Tishomingo Co. 0 (girls)
The Lady Bulldogs’ stonewall defense led by Kelsey Hodges, Carley Grisham, Estephanie Fernandez and Randi Stevens, pus goalie Paige Zahller registered their third of four shutouts of the season, as New Albany defeated Tishomingo County in their division opener 6-0 Friday night.
On the offensive attack for the Lady Dawgs, Kelly Creekmore scored the first goal of the game on a header from a Fernandez corner kick.
Quickly following that, Shelby Brown converted on another Fernandez corner, giving New Albany the 2-0 advantage.
The next two goals for the Lady Dawgs were by Brown, as she was unassisted on both.
Jenna Davis registered a goal on the night, as she was assisted by Kelly Skinnard to give New Albany the 5-0 lead.
After that play, Kaitlyn Cochran passed to Creekmore for the sixth and final goal of the game.
New Albany 5 Tishomingo Co. 0 (boys)
Tucker Holmes assisted on two of the Bulldogs’ five goals, as New Albany defeated the Braves 5-0.
Sam Cooper opened scoring for New Albany with his goal at the five minute mark. Holmes’ first assist came at the 17th minute, as Karl David Capaning scored.
Senior Alejandro Chavez scored the next two goals for the ‘Dawgs, and he was assisted by Holmes on the second at 58 minutes.
Carlos Zaragoza capped the win with his goal, and was assisted by Clayton Robbins.
The ‘Dawgs and Lady ‘Dawgs are now 7-1 (1-0) on the year and will be in action next Monday at Pontotoc.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...