Eastern Lights 11/30
On a dark, dreary day we sometimes think of blue Monday but, after the drought of the summer, it is truly a blessing. I am sure the good earth is rejoicing from the drink of good water.
We send sympathy to the family of Dean Armstrong and Ralph Milam, Sr. who were buried last week. Dean was a former school mate at Center, and Ralph was a good friend, and plumber of the late Lester Bell.
Many families enjoyed being together on Thanksgiving day. Robert and Jean Benefields guest were: David and Sandra Yarbrough; Dean, Sherry and Laken Hogue; Gale and Lisa Manning and Austin Holt; Jason, Shawna, Lauren, Braden and Connie Yarbrough.
Rickey, Tina, Hines and Samantha Wood and Cullen Stokes visited Hazel Hines.
Doyle and Karen Caviness of New Albany hosted the Hill family gathering. Those present were: Phil, Paige, Phillip and Audrey Anna Young; Harold and Brenda Hill; Lavon and Elaine Potter Hill William, Jeanette, Chris and Stephanie Bailey.
Joe and Jean Owen of Moscow, TN and Mike, Nichole and Marriean Williams of Collierville, TN visited Lavern and Chrysteen Ketchum.
Happy Birthday this week to Holley Cook, Crystal Whitehead, Tyler Camp, Luther Davis, Ryan Hall, Larry Ray, Josh Oswalt and Karly Hogue.
Congratulations to William and Dorothy Willis and Travis and Tracy Hodges Grose on their wedding anniversaries.
Mr. and Mrs. Phil Young and family enjoyed a few days in Nashville during the holidays.
Lavern and Chrysteen Ketchum visited his ninety year old day, Freddy Ketchum, at Ripley Monday. Mr. Ketchum has been blessed as he is still able to live alone.
Best wishes to Brenda Hill who is having outpatient surgery on her shoulder today. We trust this will give her some relief.
I realize there are some busy weeks ahead so I will go ahead and give you dates to mark on your calendar. December 5 – the Young At Heart will meet at the Pleasant Ridge Family Life Center at 10:30 A.M. Please bring a covered dish and join us. December 9 is the Childrens Musical. December 16 is the Adult Cantata. December 2 is Mission March for Lottie Moon Christmas offering. December 23 will be Church wide Christmas Dinner. Let us honor our ONE priority and make our plans accordingly.
I continue to get cards of condolence, and I thank all so much. Joyce, your card brought back so many nice memories!
Visitors of Dan, Sherry, Josh and Emily Richey Thanksgiving were: Donald and Charlotte Richey; Mack, Regina and Olivia Perch; P.J., Jessica and Pacey Kelly and Jacob McGregor; and Chad and Crystal Whitehead.
It was good having the Bell family as visitors at Pleasant Ridge Sunday. Rick and Jennifer Sanford Bell have been serving with Global Outreach in China for several years. They were on furlough in the States for over a year due to their infant daughters serious heart problems. Mary Beth is now doing well and they, along with their tow older boys, will be returning to China Thursday, November 29. keep this brave family in your prayers as they continue serving their Lord.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...